Today I spent some time apartment shopping, so I didn't get much painting or terrain work done. I'm hoping to spend some time on the Liberi tonight, and I did get the crystals masked so I can prime them tomorrow.
Because I want the crystals to stay clear and I want to use a spray primer, I had to mask them. For other projects, I've used a variety of different materials for masking. I'll try to get a post together with some of the different options soon. Because the crystals have smooth surfaces that tape adheres to well, I opted to use some thick masking tape. I tore off small strips and covered the crystals, trying to get the tape as close to the edge of the sand as possible. I folded the excess tape over the top to make sure that all the crystals would be covered and not get painted by the primer.
|The crystals masked for priming|
Tomorrow I'll get these primed and start painting them.