Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Mordheim warband

Here's a pic I took with my phone of the completed Mordheim warband. Like I mentioned in my last post, I started painting these years ago and set them aside. When I picked them back up, all of the blue on their clothing was done, but not much else. One had been painted through to give me a sample to work from, and a couple others had some base coats on the brown areas.

The blue (if I remember correctly) was painted with a base of Citadel Ultramarines Blue, a wash of Citadel Blue Wash, and a highlight with Citadel Enchanted Blue. To finish the white areas, I base coated them with Ceramcoat Quaker Grey and highlighted them with white. The leather bits were base coated with Games Workshop Bestial Brown and highlighted with Citadel Bubonic Brown. The metal was all base coated black and finished with Citadel Chainmail and Citadel Mithril Silver. The horn was painted with Bestial Brown and Citadel Burnished Gold, highlighted with Citadel Mithril Silver. The bases were painted Bestial Brown, washed with Games Workshop Devlan Mud wash, and drybrushed with Games Workshop Bleached Bone.

1 comment: