Monday, December 10, 2012

Some new toys

I have been slowly getting things unpacked and organized in the new place. Unfortunately, that has left me with little to no time for painting or gaming. I have started chatting with a few people about playing in a 2E game online, and I may be getting a 1E game going after the beginning of the year. In the meantime, though, I'm settling in for the holidays and trying to get used to the new place and schedule.

I did order a few things to try to speed things along when I get some more time with the paint brushes. Based on the review of the Army Painter Quickshade on Doctor Faust's Painting Clinic on YouTube, I decided to pick up a can and see how it works. I should get it sometime late in the week, so I'll hopefully be able to give it a try next weekend. Once I do, I'll let you know how it works.

I also picked up a couple of new hex-and-counter wargames from L2 Design Group. They're having a sale to clear out some stock as they consolidate their warehouses. I picked up all three titles in the Blood & Steel series. Yesterday I punched and sorted all the counters, clipped the corners, and started reading through the rules. I'm hoping to play through them solo on nights when I'm too tired to paint. I'll let you know how they play.

No comments:

Post a Comment