|Necromunda Cawdor gangers|
You can see in the detail pic that I left most of the really fine details alone and just focused on the main areas of the figures. I didn't bother with teeth, eyes, tiny studs and rivets. I kept things simple and focused on what would be visible from about three feet, since that is the distance I and my opponents will be seeing them from during games. That ended up saving me a ton of time, since I not only avoided painting the details, I also didn't have to clean up any mistakes I made painting them.
|Detail on the Cawdor leader and a couple of gangers|
Altogether, I have six heavies armed with heavy bolters, heavy stubbers, and grenade launchers (two of each), plenty of gangers with shotguns, a few gangers with lasguns, and one with an autogun. My leader is the fig with the boltgun on his back and chainsword and autopistol in hand. Finally, I have six juves with stub guns and knives. I'll be working these into a gang to play some games with some folks here in the Bay area, and I'll post my gang roster once I tweak it a bit.
The other figures I finished this week were my zombie hunters that I picked up last year at Gen Con. I got these to play in an All Things Zombie campaign with Nick. Unfortunately, we never got started on the campaign before I moved, so these guys have been languishing in a case unfinished for a few months. They're a bit of an odd bunch. Sanchez (in the center) has a killer sombrero, a pair of sixguns and a big knife. On the right, Boston has a stylish trenchcoat, a shotgun, and an automatic pistol. Karl is sporting the classic German look and a flamethrower.
|Look out zombies! Karl, Sanchez, and Boston|
I painted these guys to a decent presentation standard, but the camera isn't doing them justice right now. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the light right for taking good pictures in the new place, so the pics for these models aren't the greatest. I'm hoping to get some more lights that I can aim this week so I can set up a semi-permanent place to shoot that will give me good results. In the meantime, I hope you'll bear with me. I'll try to get better pics as soon as I can.
Aside from painting these guys, I managed to get a little more painting done on the Liberi centaurs for Fanticide and a bit more on the Dark Emissary. I'm hoping to get those done by the end of this week so I can post some pics next Monday.
Models finished this year: 13 (I'm only counting each of these as half a model, since they were partially painted before the start of the year.)