First, I finished the final details on an old Ral Partha wizard figure. I got a pair of these to compete in a figure painting competition that never happened last summer. I dug him up a couple weeks ago and started painting on him here and there before work. I painted his robes, cloak, and hat in a very light grey. The staff was painted black and striped with light grey paint to give the appearance of wood grain. Then I glazed it with some old Citadel Chestnut ink. The ball on top is painted with Citadel brass, gold, and silver to look like a polished brass knob. The salt and pepper hair and beard were done by painting a black undercoat and striping it with light grey.
This model is going to be the inspiration for an NPC in my upcoming game.
|Ral Partha wizard|
The other big project was getting the rest of the models that have been waiting sealed. I got everything out on Monday and gave them all a quick spray. For the final seal, I use a craft matt spray. It ends up giving them more of a satin finish, but protects them fairly well and saves me a bunch of money.
|Lots of sealing finished|
Most of these models were finished last year, but the Liberi and the wizard were definitely finished this year. That adds another 11 to my count, since I finished the vultures in the fall and I'm only counting each Liberi as a half model.
And as promised, a better picture of my zombie hunters:
|Karl, Sanchez, and Boston|